We are searching for a dynamic individual with experience in group safety training to be a part of our team working with clients and their employees throughout northeast Wisconsin and beyond. We need someone who can lead training sessions with energy, intelligence, honesty and charm – someone who will be able to engage and interact with employees of any level or in any industry. Our best trainers have come from many different backgrounds, including technical school instructors, secondary and post-secondary teaching, crew leaders & supervisors, human resources, and of course the safety industry.
This position requires working onsite with various clients and their employees as well as research and follow-up work completed at our office in Appleton. Experience with required OSHA compliance is expected; experience with NFPA 70E, HAZWOPER, or industrial hygiene a plus. Our trainers need to be very detail-oriented and have excellent computer & technology skills, primarily with Microsoft Office software.
Trainer responsibilities include:
- Conducting safety training and education programs
- Understanding government regulations, primarily OSHA Standards in General Industry and Construction, and how they apply to employee workplace safety
- Coordinate OSHA-compliant documentation
- Inspect & evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations
- Present inspection data to clients in written reports
- Investigate accidents to identify causes and determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future
- Research and develop training materials to improve presentations
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials
- Use of personal vehicle to travel to client locations (must have a good driving history, an MVR will be conducted)
- While a typical work week is Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM, trainers are expected to take client-requested training sessions outside of those hours (flex time is available for such instances)
- Applicants must have a loud, firm speaking voice to carry large rooms without a microphone and be able to perform such duties for an entire day
- Must be physically able to stand and/or walk for 8 hours or longer a day
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.